Thursday, October 3, 2013

Procrastination: The Magical Death of a Teenager

This post has been sponsored by the tears of my classmates, which is why I've chosen a deeper blue. Feel the sadness in their hearts from this shade, and know that I've been working hard to achieve a certain level of misery in the classroom. 

Back to the topic that wasn't really on hand and yet was on the same time... Procrastination. I find this to be one of the sweetest bitter deaths life has to offer. Now I say sweetly bitter because the bitter is simply masked by the sweet, and it is done very effectively. I figured that this topic would be appropriate considering... I haven't written anything all month.

Bummer, huh?

- The above sentence was meant to be read with a valley girl accent. Try again -

Not only does procrastination have malignant short term effects (Not doing homework, not brushing teeth, not getting out of bed, the big scary monster wearing leather pants in your nightmare saying he'll kill you tomorrow etc...), it has long term effects such as failing classes, your nightmares not being mare-ish, a very aggravated parental figure, smug little punks laughing at your supposed stupidity, and rickets.

Just kidding about the rickets.

Perhaps.

... This is about the fourth time I've gotten sidetracked while writing this, but I've put it off for long enough.
That right there is an example of willpower.

Doesn't it look weak?

That's because it is.

Trying to force yourself out of procrastination is like trying to convince a rabid rabbit to not feast on your flesh.

The lull of the computer as it whirs away... I'm pretty sure it has the same effect as beer does to a German. At least, it does for me. I'm not sure what your inhibitors are, but mine is the vortex known as the Internet. 
Did you know I'm using this post about procrastination as a way to procrastinate?
Try and wrap your minds around that.

You failed, didn't you?

It's all right.

Before I run aground again, I'm going to wrap this choppy post up with a final note:

That was it.

I believe that was a troll.

But seriously, Procrastination effects millions of people on the internet everyday. If you feel a loved one may be ensnared in this trap, don't wait. It's best to forcibly wrench them from their inhibitor, jam their hands through pikes, and call for help. The longer they are under the effects of procrastination, the smaller their chances of survival are.

So be a somewhat crappy friend, and help them.

And then go finish that level of Skyrim, silly!

Those mountains aren't going to climb themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment